Bootloader file specified but missing

Forums Forums Getting Started with XLR8 Bootloader file specified but missing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dflyer
    Participant

In the process of going through the initial installation of the XLR8, I ran into a problem when I tried to build and upload the first XLR8 specific sketch I wanted to run. I doubled check the installation procedures I followed during the installation process and everything looked fine. I tried running the board as an Arduino Uno (Blinky Sketch) and that seemed to run fine. But after switching boards from the Arduino Uno to the XLR8 and building and uploading the XLR8Info sketch, I got the following message:

Bootloader file specified but missing: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\alorium\hardware\avr\1.1.0\bootloaders

I followed the path shown in the error message and the bootloaders file is indeed missing. If someone can point me to the appropriate bootloader file for the Alorium XLR8 Rev 2, I’ll manually add it to my file directory and everything should work.

MattWeber
    Participant

This appears to be a bug in recent versions of the Arduino IDE (https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/4150). Despite the error message, you’ve perhaps noticed that the sketch still compiles and uploads fine and the error can be ignored. I’ve figured out a change I can make in our board package that will prevent this from showing up and a will release an updated board package in the next couple days.
    Thanks,
    Matt

MattWeber
    Participant

An updated board package was released today that should eliminate this problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.